Let your underwater adventure continue! Gain more experience, build more confidence, and increase your scuba skills through a range of instructor led Adventure Dives.
The PADI Advanced Open Water course is a rewarding and enjoyable certification for Open Water divers that wish to expand their depth range and can see the benefit to having additional training. With PADI Advanced Open Water training you'll learn which diving specialties interest you and gain a deeper understanding of the different types of dives.
A new world of diving will open up to you as you experience an introduction into the diverse world of specialty dives.
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver or have an equivalent certification from another training organization.
- Be 12 years of age or older
Note: 10 and 11-year-old divers may earn a Junior Adventure Diver certification.
The knowledge and skills you acquire in the Advanced Open Water Diver course will vary based on the adventures you choose, but every student will learn:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and eRDP ML
- And much, much more depending on the Adventure Dives you choose.
Adventure Dive options for 10-year-old divers or above: Altitude, Boat, Digital Underwater Imaging, Dry Suit, Fish Identification, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Naturalist and Underwater Navigation.
Adventure Dive options for 12-year-old divers or above: Deep, Drift, Enriched Air, Night, Search & Recovery and Wreck.
- Select 3 specialty Adventure Dives in addition to the two required Specialty Dives (Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation Dive).
- Watch the videos and complete the knowledge reviews in the student manual before your scheduled dive trip with Big Blue.
- Complete the required Knowledge Development and 5 Adventure Dives which you have chosen on the trip (5 dives are generally completed over the course of 2 days).
Full course package
- Anilao, Philippines: CNY 6,480 (NOT available at the moment)
- Depart Thursday evening and return Sunday evening.
- Includes: student course material, instructor fees, dive equipment, travel insurance, local transportation, accommodation, meals, water, coffee/tea, 5 boat dives and unlimited shore dives on the trip.
- Excludes: flight tickets, Philippines' visa, soft drink and alcohol.
- Qiandao Lake: CNY 4,980 (available from April to November)
- Depart Friday evening and return Sunday evening.
- Includes: student's material, instructor fees, dive equipment, dive insurance, transportation between local hotel and the dive sites, lunch on diving days and 5 open water shore dives.
- Excludes: Round transportation to the lake, accommodation and anything not listed in the costs included.
- PADI e-Learning course: $US187
- The required open water dives may be completed at a later date on referral.
- PADI Standard Advanced Open Water Diver Crew Pack: CNY 680
- Includes PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Manual and Logbook.
Big Blue Members
At least one of your c-cards should have our shop information on them. If the dive center number is '36434', the name is 'Big Blue', then you are a Big Blue Member.
Receive a discount if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Big Blue Members receive a 5% discount.
- Come as a group of 2 to 3 and receive a 5% discount.
- Come as a group of 4 or more and receive a 10% discount.
- Sign up at the same time as your PADI Open Water Diver course and save a minimum of CNY 2,500.
Students eligible to receive a 5% discount on all equipment and additional classes purchased at Big Blue.
Method 1: Come to Big Blue Dive Center in person, fill in the relevant forms, pay the course fee, and pick up course material to begin the necessary self-study.
Method 2: click the 'Sign Up' button below, enter your information and questions and we'll contact you by email or phone as soon as possible.
- I'm already a certified Open Water Diver. Why would I want to get my Advanced Open Water Diver certification?
In addition to learning more about specialty diving and gaining more experience, the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification allows you to dive deeper, literally. As a PADI Open Water Diver, you are limited to diving within a depth of 18 meters, whereas with your Advanced certification you can dive up to 30 meters which means you'll be allowed to visit most dive sites in the world.
- Which 5 Adventure Dives should I choose for my PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course?
A Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation Dive are required for all AOW students. They will teach you about diving deeper than 18 meters and help you gain confidence finding your way underwater. For the additional 3 dives, the most popular Adventure Dives for Big Blue students are the Night Dive, Wreck Dive and Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive. Your instructor can advise you on the dives most suited for you.
- Is the equipment provided during the course?
Yes, all necessary training equipment for the open water dives are provided by Big Blue. If you have your own equipment you are welcome to use it as well.
- In the 'Discount' section is says I can save CNY 2,500 by signing up at the same time as my Open Water Diver course. How does this work?
If you are planning to complete your Open Water Diver certification with Big Blue and are able to stay 1 extra day in Anilao (returning Monday instead of Sunday), according to PADI standards you may complete both courses in one trip. You just need to pay for the 1 additional day and the course fee, which comes out to a saving of over CNY 2,500.
- Do I need to come to Big Blue to complete the knowledge development before the trip?
No. Unlike the PADI Open Water Diver course, there are no required classroom sessions before the Anilao trip. You will complete your theory sessions with your instructor during the trip.
- What exactly do I need to do to sign up for the course?
Apart from fill in the Continuing Education Administrative Document, you need to show us your Open Water Diver certification.You will then need to pay the course, pick up the course materials and start self-study session at home.
- What's the ratio of the instructor and students?
The maximum ratio of the instructor and students is 1:4 in Big Blue. Usually the class size is 2-3 students.
- Do you help us to book the flight ticket for Anilao trip?
It is not a problem if you'd like us to book the tickets for you. If you are going to book the tickets by yourself, please double check the flight information with us.
- Do I need a visa to enter Philippines?
For Chinese people, YES. Most forgeiners don't need a visa to enter Philippines, Click Here to check if you need a visa.
- If a visa is required, can Big Blue help me to apply for it?
Yes, the cost is 350CNY per person.